In my last post on things I liked the most in 2010, I consciously excluded all these heartbreaking compositions, songs and ballads that had been written last year. I chose 9 of them, and excluded some, that may be posted separately, another time, in the future. It is the occasion to pay homage to Alex Chilton, who so sadly disappeared last year, with Holocaust by Big Star, recorded in 1974... Part of the"saddest music in the world", for sure.
01. Roky Erickson And Okkervil River - Devotional Number One
02. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy & The Cairo Gang - That's What Our Love Is
03. Joanna Newsom - Baby Birch
04. Laurie Anderson - My Right Eye
05. Arp - From a Balcony Overlooking the Sea
06. Bill Callahan - Rock Bottom Riser
07. Alastair Galbraith - Money Is So Sad
08. Chris Weisman & Greg Davis - We Won't Survive
09. James Blackshaw - Untitled (Part 7)
10. Big Star - Holocaust
Get the compilation here (94.49 MB).
This one is dedicated to Alex Chilton (1950-2010).