Country Teasers, MoFo (Paris), 2012
Traditional Music Of Peru, Respuesta Funeraria
Lula Côrtes, Zé Ramalho, Trilha De Sumé
Traffic Sound, El Gusano (Alice In Wormland)
Geraldo Azevedo & Alçeu Valença, Mister Misterio
Candido Martinez or Antonio Alberiche, song leaders (akpwon), Ide werewere ni'ta Oshun ide werewere (Song for Oshun)
INSTITUT D'ART CONTEMPORAIN
LABORATOIRE ESPACE CERVEAU
/ LABORATORY SPACE BRAIN
THE CURTAIN OF DREAMS. HYPNAGOGIC VISIONS
The result of a discussion between Yann Chateigné and Joachim Koester, "The Curtain of Dreams. Hypnagogic Visions" consists of a series of incursions in research devoted to 'visual images', to use Henri Michaux's expression, from whom the title has been borrowed in part, perceived by the spirit in a state of changed awareness. The argument is articulated in two parts and designed to interact with the exhibition "Of Spirits and Empty Spaces", extending it by giving physical immersion in material common to both the artist and the critic. A kind of atlas for four hands, or even more, making its way through the open fields and obscure lands of hallucination, imaginary perceptions and inner visions.
- Yann Chateigné, art critic, exhibition curator and head of the Visual Arts department at HEAD (Haute école d’art et de design), Geneva.
- Elisa Brune, Writer (novelist and essayist) and scientific journalist
- Denis Cerclet, Anthropologist, senior lecturer, Université Lumière Lyon 2
- Arnauld Pierre, Art historian and professor at Université Paris IV-Sorbonne
- Jean-Louis Poitevin, Doctor in philsophy, writer and art critic
- Pascal Rousseau, Art historian, curator, senior lecturer at Université François Rabelais, Tours
- Joachim Koester, artist
- Pacôme Thiellement, essayist and writer
- Greg Davis, composer, musician and curator
WORKS FOR STUDY
In the context of the exhibition Of Spirits and Empty Spaces by Joachim Koester:
Around Henri Michaux
works by Joachim Koester, films and archives by Eric Duvivier and documentation on relations between hallucinogenic experiences and writing.
archives and documentation: William Burroughs, Roger Caillois, Carlos Castaneda, Brian Eno, Raymond Hains, Steven Halpern, David Hykes, Derek Jarman, Laraaji, David Lynch, Henri Michaux, Frank Perry and Dick Sutphen / Valley of the Sun Publishings
by Greg Davis / Crystal Vibrations
THURSDAY 16 FEBRUARY, FROM 1.30 PM TO 4.30 PM
IAC AUDITORIUM . ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED
"Des images entoptiques"
Discussion between Joachim Koester and Yann Chateigné
"25 minutes dans la salle d’attente du monde des rêves"
Lecture by Pacôme Thiellement
THURSDAY 16 FEBRUARY AT 7 PM
IAC AUDITORIUM - FREE ENTRY
Greg Davis, "Full Spectrum (part 7)"
Ill. Joachim Koester, "The Magic Mirror of John Dee", 2006, selenium toned silver gelatin print, 81 x 70 cm framed. Courtesy of Jan Mot, Brussels
Listen & download: "Hypnagogic States", a 90' podcast curated by Yann Chateigné for Forde Radio here.